Mold can be a nightmare for homeowners. It causes severe health complications, leads to property damage, reduces indoor air quality, and lowers property values. Unfortunately, many homeowners do not realize they have mold until the infestation is serious. The growth remains buried in the walls or underneath the flooring.
Over time, the mold spreads until it encompasses much of your home’s interior. By then, you’ll likely start to feel quite ill. You’ll notice the telltale symptoms of mold exposure, which are akin to the cold or flu or allergic reactions. The growth can be quite upsetting and expensive to handle. Let’s explore the common signs of hidden mold growth in your home.
There are quite a few signs attributed to mold growth in residential properties. If you learn to recognize these signs, you can save yourself quite a bit of hardship and money in the foreseeable future. The following signs indicate you have a mold problem:
We touched upon the allergy-like symptoms of mold exposure. However, the health concerns related to mold don’t stop there.
If you are experiencing mold exposure, the common symptoms to watch for include:
There are many forms of household mold that are considered toxic. These mold infestations can lead to life-threatening respiratory illnesses if not handled properly. Such mold growths may cause bleeding, internal organ damage, cancer, and even death. Do not take mold lightly in the home or places of business.
If you notice the signs of a hidden mold infestation, immediately pick up the phone and call Restoration 1 of Greater Minneapolis. You can reach us day or night at 612-200-2302. We’ll send our team right over!
David Tynes is the general manager of Restoration of Greater Minneapolis. David has years of experience in home and commercial restoration, and he is certified as a restoration professional by the IICRC.