What Is the Process of Fire Damage Restoration?
Whether you’re dealing with the aftermath of contained flames in a single room or a full-blown house fire, you’re not alone in dealing with the situation. There are local resources across Minneapolis, including restoration companies, in place to help. For many homeowners, dealing with fire can be the final straw. After that, you’re liable to move away from the damage and wash your hands of the mess. But there is another solution in which you take back your home. If you hire a local restoration company for fire and smoke damage restoration , you’ll have a fighting chance. Here is how they can help.
The Fire Damage Restoration Process
Like with all other types of property restoration, fire damage restoration is broken down into detailed steps. Each step works toward the greater good. It all starts with a single phone call.
- Step One: Emergency Contact – After you call the local fire department and authorities, you need to call a local restoration company. Most property restoration companies offer around-the-clock services to handle any type of fire or smoke damage. This is crucial. With fire damage, time is of the essence. So, find yourself a restoration company that can arrive within the hour to begin mitigating damage.
- Step Two: Assessment – Upon arrival, your chosen restoration team will begin a complete assessment of the damage. Here, they will determine the true extent of the situation, how best to tackle any damage, and the level of contamination caused by smoke and soot. This step will set the foundation for the entire restoration process.
- Step Three: Mitigation – It is crucial to prevent any further damage. Following a significant house fire, electrical, gas, and water lines may be damaged. These systems put your entire home at risk for further damage, as does any remaining smoke or soot in the air.
- Step Four: Cleaning – Now, with damage properly mitigated and systems shut off, it’s time to start cleaning the mess. After a house fire, the entire property will appear dark, stained, and certainly charred. Each room will be addressed to restore the property to its former appearance – as best as the team can accomplish.
- Step Five: Restoration – Lastly, with cleanup well under way or complete, the restoration team will begin their final repairs and restoration work. Here, destroyed materials and possessions will be removed or repaired, flooring needs to be installed, and the wallpaper can be replaced. The result is a more comforting environment.
When you’re dealing with the aftermath of a house fire, it’s important to find a local service to help ease the situation. Find help in Restoration 1 of Greater Minneapolis. We provide 24-hour fire and smoke restoration services for homeowners struggling to turn their situation around.
You can call now for emergency fire damage restoration at 612-268-1961. We’ll send an experienced, licensed team straight to your doorstep within the hour!
About The Author
David Tynes is the general manager of Restoration of Greater Minneapolis. David has years of experience in home and commercial restoration, and he is certified as a restoration professional by the IICRC.